Scholarships, Freeship & Concessions
A) Government of Maharashtra Open Merit Scholarship:
- Students who have scored 75% marks (or more) in Std. X and seeking admission in Std. XI, and students who have scored 60% marks (or more) in Std. XII and seeking admission in BA/B.Sc. Part I are eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is open to all, irrespective of caste and income limits. Application forms should reach the college office within ten days of confirming admission.
B) Post-Matric Scholarship (GOI):
- Student should not be getting any other scholarship/ stipend and he/she should not be employed.
- Annual income of parents (including of all family members) from all sources for last year should be less than Rs. one lac (OBC/SBC/VJNT) & two lac (SC/ST).
- If the GOI form is rejected by the government office on any ground the students will have to pay full fees to the college.
- More than two students from the same family cannot avail this scholarship.
- Scholarship (MA) will directly credit your Nationalized Bank Account.
C) Chatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship:
- This scholarship is available to SC, VJNT, SBC students who have passed the Std. X exams with 75% marks or more.
- Forms available and fill-up on website https://mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in/ and then submit in college office(with documents).
D) Central Governments Post-Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to the Minority Communities (Christians, Muslims, Sikh, Buddha, Parsi & Jain):
- Application form available on website http://momascholarship.gov.in/, http://www.dirhe.org.in, www.education.nic.in, www.minorityaffairs.gov.in and then submit in college office(with documents).
- The student must secure 50% of marks in the previous final examination. Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year. The renewal will depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2 lacs from all sources.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme must not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course. Scholarship will be awarded only for 2 students in a family.
E) Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for BA, B.Sc. first year Students:
The students who have passed the examination (Twelve 10+2). HSC conducted by the Maharashtra State Higher and Secondary Education Board, in the month of March 2014.
The details information regarding scholarship, specimen of forms, how to apply and eligibility criteria and time and date of the submission of application form by students through college/Institutions/University are available on the website http://www.dirhe.org.in and http://www.dhepune.gov.in/
Minimum eligibility criteria and condition:
- The applicant should be Indian citizen and resident of Maharashtra.
- The rate of scholarship would be Rs.1000/-p.m. at Graduation level for first three years
- Should have passed with minimum 67.69% marks for girls and 65.54% for boys in Higher Secondary Examination (HSC).
- Student should not be getting any other scholarship /stipend.
- Parental Annual Income not be more than 6 lacs.
F) Scholarship to the students from Non- Hindi speaking States for Post Matric studies in Hindi (passing in Hindi and (Promotion to the next class.) – Tenable only for the stage of course.
G) Talent Development Scholarship in Maths and Physics (Promotion to the next higher class by securing 60% marks in the chosen subject in Maths or Physics as the case may be.) – 3 years up to B.Sc. Degree.
IMPORTANT NOTES (FOR STUDENTS, PARENTS AND GUARDIANS):
1. The students belong to SC/OBC/SBC/VJNT (for GOI & Freeship) should fill online application form on website https://mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in/ and ST student should fill online application form on website https://etribal.maharashtra.gov.in/ and submit the copy of same with applicable documents in the office scholarship section.
2. It will also be subject to discipline and maintenance of attendance of at least 75% by the scholars.
3. The student should read carefully scholarship notice board and act accordingly. All application forms viz. EBC, Scholarships, Freeship, Caste Validity, etc. must be submitted within a month after admission. Students will be solely responsible for consequences arising due to non-submission of respective forms.
4. If the fees are not reimbursed by the Government, the students will have to pay the same.
5. EBC/Teacher/Defence/Ex-servicemen/Freedom Fighter concession is available for only granted courses i.e. standard XI, XII, BA & B.Sc.
6. As per Govt notification 24 Aug 1995, Students transferred from other states to Maharashtra are not eligible for the scholarship / concession.
1) Declaration of Caste (Freeship):
- Caste of the student should be included in the Maharashtra Government recognized list of backward classes. These student will get concessions in tuition fees, other fees and exam fees.
- For students belonging to OBC/SBC/NT-VJ who have failed only once or whose parents and family member’s annual income last year is Rupees 1 to 4.5 lac and SC/ST total family income above rupees 2 lac. Provided he/she also produces sufficient proof.
2) Economically Backward Classes (EBC):
- Those having annual income not more than Rs. 1 lac are declared as economically backward. However the students have to apply in the prescribed form to be obtained from the college office together with income certificate signed by Tahsildar and attested true copy of Leaving certificate, Marksheet of the last examination, immediately after he/she is admitted to the college.
3) Concession to the children of Military/ wives & widows of Defence Personnel /Freedom Fighters / Ex-Servicemen):
- Student whose father is serving in armed forces or who is retired from Defence Service is eligible for free studentship on production of the eligibility certificate from District Soldiers, Sailors and Air men’s Board concerned.
- Certificate attested by a government/ authorized/ magistrate officer should be submitted with the application.
- Children of Freedom Fighters – Minimum 50% marks in the examination passed. For complete and continuous course.
- The application should carry the signature and stamp of a competent officer of the Sainik Board.
4) Concession to the children of Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of Primary / Middle/Secondary / Higher Secondary school / Junior College Teachers:
- This concession is available to those students whose parents are teachers in Primary/ Middle/ High Schools or Junior College in the Maharashtra Government/ Zilla Parishad/ Corporation/ Maharashtra Government Aided and Recognized School/ Colleges (Approval letter of teacher and Institution’s number and date should be enclosed.
- This concession is available only to the limit of two children. No concession shall be granted to 3rd and onwards, should have the application countersigned by the Education Officer.
- The Teachers should be in the full time pay scales in the establishment.
5) Educational Concession to Girl Students:
- Only Girl students those who are not eligible for other Scholarship or concession.
- Parents should be residents of Maharashtra state from the last 15 years or more. The girl students of XI & XII std. are exempted from payment of Tuition fee, Term fee & Admission fee as per G.R.
6) Caste Verification – Caste Validity Certificate:
- The student [SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribe), NT-VJ (Nomadic Tribes / De-Notified Tribes), OBC (Other Backward Classes), SBC (Special Backward Classes)] should fill online application form on website https://barti.maharashtra.gov.in/ and submit the copy of same in office scholarship section.
- The Backward Class students studying in XII Std. and seeking admission, after passing XII Exam, to Medical, Engineering, Pharmacy, Polytechnic, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Professional courses, etc., against the reserved seats are required to get their caste certificate verified by a competent authority.
STUDENTS AID FUND
The College has established a ‘Student Aid Fund’ (SAF) contributed by the College staff for economically weaker students.
Tuition fees will be waived for students.
- Students from weak economic background
- Students who have scored minimum 50% of marks in the previous examination
- Students who are not receiving any other scholarship
Late Dr. S. P. Landge Scholarship:
A newly instituted scholarship by the staff members as additional support and incentive for deserving students.
Dr. Purnima S. Acharya Student Aid Fund:
For financially weak students of class XI and XII General Science stream, having a keen desire to learn. The aid can be availed in the form of college fee, books etc.
Facilities for the Differently abled:
- Educational Audio & Video CDs for the visually challenged.
- Ramp for easy access to the college office, library, Network resource center, AV hall, wash rooms, classrooms.
- Screen Magnification and Screen Reading software.