The Department of Botany was established in the year 1957. It has built-up area of the department of 324 sqm. The department also has spacious labs for senior, junior classes, very well equipped with various research facilities and equipment.
Vision & Mission:
To be a centre of excellence for imparting knowledge pertaining to plants.
1. Teaching more practical oriented; learning by seeing & learning by doing, so the subject is made more interesting and easier to grasp.
2. Whenever possible, plants are being studied in their natural habitat by outdoor excursions.
3. Project based learning is undertaken.
4. Students are encouraged for frequent interactions & their feedbacks are taken.
5. Students Seminar on different topics related to subject.
6. Guest lectures on subject & also on personality development.
7. ICT based teaching learning in addition to conventional methods. Educational CD’s shown to students.
8. Guidance and counselling given about career opportunities available/placement options.
9. Remedial teaching for weak students.
10. Visits to national and state level research labs for hand –on training program.
11. SFS Botanical Club established in 2003.
12. Students encouraged to participate in Inter collegiate events like PPT presentation, science quiz, essay competition, poster competition.
13. Student mentoring.
14. Botanical garden with diverse group of plants.
15. Ms. D. K. Sethi medal for securing highest marks in Botany in RTM Nagpur University exams.