To Help In Achieving Overall Institutional Goal By Supporting Teaching – Learning Process Through Traditional and Modern Learning Resources .
- To support teaching/ learning process.
- To make the resources available to the users.
- To satisfy users need, to optimum level.
Library has following sections
- A spacious reading hall with capacity of 200 students.
- Network resource Centre and e-library with 15 computers.
- Periodical Section
- Reprography Section
- Stack room with 55 racks
- Issue Counter Facility
- Separate Reading facility for teaching staff.
- Librarian’s Office
- Property Counter
Reading Room & Issue Counter- 09:45 am to 5:00 pm
(Open on Holidays, if students demand)
Library Advisory Committee
Major Responsibilities are
- Library purchases (UGC, RUSA, Senior, Non Grant Courses)
- Continuous improvement in services and processes.
- Overall smooth Functioning of the library.
Library Collection at a glance
Yearly 550-600 books are added to the collection.
- Total collection – 40100
- Non-Book material collection – 928
- Periodicals Subscribed – 12
- Periodicals received on gratis – 10
- Bound Volumes of Journals- 410
- E Library Collection – 320 (CDs/DVDs)
- Purchased access to e-books.
- Access to Unlimited Free E-Resources Through Internet
- Subscribed to INFLIBNET- NLIST Consortia
- Subscribed to DELNET Database.
- Special Collection
- RUSA Grant Collection
- Books Purchased under UGC Schemes for Competitive Examinations
- British Library Books
- Urdu Books
- Donated Books Collection
- LIBMAN a cloud based software is used for library automation.
- Library is fully computerized and collection is bar coded.
- WEB OPAC, MOPAC facility is available.
- SFS Institutional Repository with University Question Papers, Syllabus, E-Contentdeveloped by faculty, Research Papers Published etc is available.
- Reading Room Facility:
Our library at following counters extends this facility,
News Paper Reading
Periodicals and Journals Reading
- Lending of Documents:
- Access is open for PG students and for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Access is closed type for senior and junior college students.
- Each student can issue three books at a time for 10 days.
- Staff can issue ten books.
- On average 100-110 books are issued daily
- Newspaper Clipping Service:
The records of the Newspaper clippings describing events in the college as well as news related to the college are maintained.
- Reference Service:
Students consult reference books for queries. On an average 30-35 books are referred daily.
- Students Aid Service:
- Library helps students for preparation of competitive examinations.
- Students participating in intercollege Quiz, Essay, Debate Elocution etc are provided with sufficient works.
- Display of Information:
Library displays many notices , other useful information for students. Library also organizes book exhibition every year.
- Special Service – Book Deposit Scheme:
Books are issued to students for university examinations during summer vacations, on full deposit basis. 90% of the amount is refunded after the clearance from the library.
- E-resources service
- e-books and e-journals through N-LIST programme of INFLIBNET are made available to the users.
- Links useful for staff and students are made available. CD/DVD are also issued to the users .
- Internet facility is available to the students in Network Resource Centre.
- DELNET Database is subscribed.
- Inter Library Loan
Library has MOU with other academic institutions in the city. Under this service users of the participating library can issue books from the library. As well as users of our institution can also borrow books from other libraries.
Dr. (Mrs.) Ashwini P. Paradkar
- Library Clerk
Dr. (Mrs) Dorris Simon
- Library Attendents
Mr P M Petkar
M. R. B. Daniel
Research and Academic Activities
Dr (Mrs) Ashwini Paradkar
Library Classification, Information Retrieval,
- AS A LIBRARIAN – 24 YEARS
- AS LIS TEACHER (Contributory Lecturer) – 14 years.
- AS LIS Counselor & Resource Person – 20 years.
Research Supervisor / Projects
- R T M Nagpur University, Nagpur; (12 Students awarded PhD)
- Y C M Open University, Nashik. (14 Students awarded MPhil)
- Completed UGC Sponsored Minor Research Project ‘S F S Institutional Repository Creation’(2008-2010)
- Nominated as a content developer for UNESCO Project of SALIS entitled ‘ Interactive E-Learning Portal on Information Literacy Development Skills for South Asia’ (2007)
- 55 Lectures delivered as a resource person at various training programmes for Library & Information Science Professionals.