To Help In Achieving Overall Institutional Goal By Supporting Teaching – Learning Process Through Learning Resources.
- To support teaching-learning process
- To inculcate reading habits
- To make use of every book purchased
- To satisfy user’s needs to optimum level
|Dr. Mrs. Ashwini Paradkar||Librarian|
|Dr. Mrs. Dorris Simon||Library Clerk|
|Mr. G. Laxminarayana||Library Attendant|
|Mr. P. M. Petkar||Library Attendant|
|Mr. R. B. Daniel||Library Attendant|
Library has following sections:
- A spacious reading hall with capacity of 200 students.
- Network resource Centre and e-library with 15 computers.
- Periodical Section
- Reprography Section
- Stack room with 55 racks
- Issue Counter Facility
- Separate Reading facility for teaching staff.
- Librarian’s Office
- Property Counter
Library Advisory Committee
- Major Responsibilities are
- Library purchases (UGC, RUSA, Senior, Non Grant Courses)
- Continuous improvement in services and processes.
- Overall smooth Functioning of the library.
Reading room facility – 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Issue counter – 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Library is also open on Holidays and Sundays on student’s demand.
|CD & Video||625|
|Others (specify)||263 BVJ|
Yearly 550 – 600 books are added to the collection.
- Total collection – 39750
- Non-Book material collection – 830
- Sr. College Collection – 25500
- Jr. College Collection – 4050
- Reference Collection – 2000
- Periodicals Subscribed – 12
- Periodicals received on gratis – 10
- Bound Volumes of Journals – 410
- E Library Collection – 320
- Access to Unlimited Free E-Resources Through Internet
- Special Collection
- RUSA Grant Collection
- Books Purchased under UGC Schemes for Competitive Examinations
- Book Bank Collection
- British Library Books
- Urdu Books
- Donated Books Collection
Collection of Urdu Books, Maps, Educational CD’s & DVD’s, Video Cassettes, Bound Volumes of Periodicals.
Book Selection Policy:
Head Of the Departments recommend books for departmental and central library Students requirements are also considered.(Books On Demand at the issue counter) Books recommended in University Syllabus, Publisher’s catalog, Visiting Book exhibitions and fairs.
Staff and students are provided with internet access where in they can search for various resources available on World Wide Web.
- LIBMAN a cloud based software is used for library automation.
- Library is fully computerised and collection is bar coded.
- OPAC terminal is available to the users.
SFS Institutional Repository with Question Papers, Syllabus etc is available for users.
1. Reading Room Facility:
- News Paper Reading
- Periodicals and Journals Reading
- Textbook Reading
2. Lending of Documents:
As any other library primary function of our library is to maximize use of collection available:
- Open Access to PG students (M.Sc. Chemistry & Biotechnology) and for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Each student can issue two books at a time for a week.
- Loose issues of journals are issued on demand, overnight.
- Teaching and non-teaching staff can issue ten books for one academic session.
- At the end of the session, library clearance is compulsory for all categories.
- Weaker sections are provided with an additional book.
- On an average 100-110 books are issued daily
3. Current Awareness Service:
Latest additions to the library are displayed on the notice board.
4. Newspaper Clipping Service:
The records of the Newspaper clippings describing events in the college as well as news related to the college are maintained.
5. Reference Service:
Students consult reference books for queries. Library is maintaining a daily record of this service. On an average 30 – 35 books are referred daily.
6. Students Aid Service:
Library helps students for preparation of competitive examinations. Books for Competitive exams are purchased specially for students. Students participating in intercollege Quiz, Essay, Debate Elocution etc are provided with sufficient works
Question papers of university exams, university syllabus are also available for reference.
7. Display of Information:
Library displays many notices, other useful information for students.
Library also organises book exhibition.
8. E-resources service:
Under this service e-books and e-journals through N-LIST programme of INFLIBNET are made available to the users.
Apart from these resources, links useful for staff and students are made available. CD/DVD are also issued to the users.
9. Internet Access:
Internet facility is available to the students at six terminals. They can access internet by paying Rs. 10/hour.
10. Inter Library Loan:
Library has MOU with other academic institutions in the city. Under this service users of the participating library can issue books from the library. As well as users of our institution can also borrow books from other libraries.
Special Service – Book Deposit Scheme
Books are issued to students for university examinations during summer vacations, on full deposit basis. 90% of the amount is refunded after the clearance from the library.
AKSHAR FORUM: A BOOK READING AND REVIEW CLUB
Akshar Forum was started in the session 2012 – 2013 with the following objectives:
- To help students develop and inculcate a reading habit which will help them form opinions, discuss and write reviews on books (fiction, nonfiction) they have read.
- Discussion panels comprising of teachers and students alike will meet once every month, wherein valuable inputs regarding books read will be sought and discussed.
- The forum will serve as a platform for students who are voracious readers to put forth their views regarding the book read.
Research Activities and Academic Activities:
Library Classification, Information Retrieval.
- AS A LIBRARIAN – 22 YEARS
- AS LIS TEACHER (Contributory Lecturer) – 14 years.
- AS LIS Counselor & Resource Person – 20 years.
- RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur; (12 Students awarded PhD)
- YCM Open University, Nashik. (14 Students awarded M.Phil.)
- Completed UGC Sponsored Minor Research Project SFS Institutional Repository Creation (2008-2010)
- Nominated as a content developer for UNESCO Project of SALIS entitled ‘Interactive E-Learning Portal on Information Literacy Development Skills for South Asia’ (2007)
- Publications in Journals: 10
- Publications in Conferences/Seminars: 35
- Member of Moderation Committee RTMNU and SGB Amravati University.
- 50 Lectures delivered as a resource person at various training programmes for Library & Information Science Professionals.