Department of Sociology
Year of Establishment: 1996
Vision: With students, we are committed to developing scientific, interpretative, and critical capacities for understanding the social and cultural forces that shape the human experience. We strive to foster a lifelong engagement with questions of social justice.
Mission: Sociology Department provides a high quality, inclusive educational experience that challenges and prepares students to become engaged and effective members of their communities; engages in interesting and relevant scholarship; and interacts regularly with stakeholders from wider communities, producing valuable public opinion about social justice.
|1||Dr. Sachin Krushnarao Burde||Assistant Professor Adhoc||Ph.D, NET, MA. B.Sc.B.Ed|
Name of the course: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Sociology
Strength allotted: 80
- The learner will be able to understand the importance of Sociology and its relation with other social sciences.
- The learner will be able to understand the sociological perspective so as to enhance sociological understanding of the problem in hand.
- The learner will be able to understand the various sociological thoughts of founding fathers of Sociology and its relevance to the current scenario.
- The learner will be able to understand the meaning, needs and importance of social control, social institutions and society as well.
- The learner will be able to understand the role of religion, family and education in the society.
- The learner will be able to understand various concepts such as Law, Society, Community, Association, Institution, Organization and other basic concept of Sociology.
List of Publications:
- Published paper titled “The Study of Existing Gap between Planning and Execution of Education for Minorities” in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal of Humanities and Social Science Vol.22, Issue 8, Ver.7, August.2017.
- Published paper title “Bridging The Gap Between Teachers and Parents in School Management : A Model School” in the proceeding of the International Conference organized by Central Institute of Business Management Research and Development, on the theme “Era of Skill Development Inspire, Innovate and Integrate with ISBN no 97881930128721.
- Published paper titled “Right to Education: A Ground Level Reality” in the book ISBN No: 978-93-82351-56-6, page no 228, on 14th March, 2015, published by Hislop college, Nagpur.
- Published paper titled “School as the Nucleus of Village Transformation” in the Darshan magazine, page no 65, on 11th Feb 2016, published by Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal, Nagpur.
- Published abstract titled “Matwada Government Primary School: A school that can change the way schools are being run all over India” in National Seminar on Education of Socially Disadvantaged Groups in India abstract book, page no 32, on 4th March 2016, published by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhopal.
- Published abstract titled “Need and Importance of Education for Sustainable Development” in National Seminar on Education for Sustainable Development, abstract book, PAC- 16.37, 2016-17, page no 23, published by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhopal.
- Published abstract titled “Learning Mathematics with Fun” in National Seminar on Mathematics Education, abstract book, 2016, page no 47, published by Regional Institute of Education (NCERT) Bhubaneswar.
- Published complete paper titled “Yagnic Perspective to Human Values in a Globalised World” in the Interdisciplinary National Conference on Professional Ethics and Human Values, in conference proceeding, page no 33-36 published by Dept of Humanities and Social Sciences of Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- A visit to Sarvodaya Ashram by volunteers and students of S.F.S. College On 1st Feb 2020
An NSS activity on Sevabhav with reference to Vinoba Bhaveji’s and Mahatma Gandhiji’s thoughts was organized on 1st Feb, 2020 in ‘Sarvoday Ashram’ in Nagpur. The 40 NSS volunteers along with the teachers Dr. P.K. Sakharkar and Sachin K. Burde of SFS College were received by Adv. BoKde and Sandesh Sir who briefly introduced them the ashram and its activities. A motivational talk was given by Amit Saroode ji, who is a devoted full time worker, placed in Pune. He presented life events of Vinoba Ji and Gandhiji on their service to the common masses (sevabhav). He started his narration with the problems of scavengers. At that time scavengers condition was very worse and society used to address them as untouchables. Their problems and remedies adopted by Gandhiji and Vinobaji were discussed. This was their first step towards creating humanity as religion. All the ashram-mates used to clean the toilets themselves and practice it religiously. To bring self-reliance and confidence in daily life, skill development activities were conducted and practiced by all the ashram members. The school of ‘Pavanar Ashram’ in Wardha still teaches these activities to their students. Gandhiji also would follow in his Tolstoy ashram. The preparation and serving of the food was also had an element of sevabhav. All their life they only preached and practiced ‘sevabhav’ among common masses with a conclusion on existence of one and only one religion called humanity. The ashram as a complimentary copy of a book gifted to all the students “Rachnatmak Karyakram Uska Rahasya and sthan” by Gandhiji. The book has the contents on various topics of human life issues. It serves as a road map to the readers. We thank Principal K.T. Thomas for giving us permission and Sandesh Singalkar Sir, Amit Sarode Sir and Adv. Ravi Bokde for making this field visit a pious and motivational one.
- Career Guidance Seminar conducted on 14th Feb 2020
To guide the final year students of college, a career guidance seminar was organized by Sociology department on 14th February, 2020, in the seminar hall at 11.30 am. Around 140 students from different streams such as B.A, B.Sc, B.C.C.A and B.C.A have participated in the program. For the seminar experts were invited from the different subjects of Humanities and Social Sciences from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur which is a premier institution in the Vidharbha region. Expert included Prachita Patil (Management scholar), Shilpa Bisen (Psychology scholar), Bharatvaj Shashtri (Economics scholar) and Yogeshwar Pikalmunde (Sociology scholar) guided students on the topic various opportunities, challenges and preparation in their particular subject.
Program started with the lightning of lamp and remembering our brave soldiers who died in Pulvama attack on same day before one year. After that Mr. Yogeshwar Pikalmunde started his lecture by pointing out how to prepare for competitive exam especially for MPSC. He told students about MPSC prelims and mains paper pattern and how to start their preparation for the exam. Mrs. Prachita Patil spoke on various opportunities, different branches, best institution and challenges in the management field. Ms. Shilpa Bisen started her lecture with what qualities one should have for becoming psychologist. After that she spoke on various branches of psychology, best institution of psychology and challenges and opportunities in the field of psychology. Mr. Bharatvaj Shashtri explained the importance of economics as subject for common man and various opportunities and challenges in the field of economics. He ended his speech by showing the picture of some great economist of India. The program concluded with national anthem.