The Department was established in the year 1984. The college has provided a separate laboratory with all necessary instruments and equipment. Students are allowed to use instruments of the research laboratory and instrumentation centre also. Students are allowed to use computers for referring to subject related matter. Certain self-explanatory animation clips from educational CDs are made available to them. The computer lab facility of Biotechnology department along with internet facility is also accessible to Biochemistry students for this purpose. For regular teaching the department is equipped with LCD, OHP and computers. The students are shown computer animation clips of relevant topics for better understanding of the topic. Additional information is provided in the form of charts, ex. Work of Nobel Laureates, educational charts, etc.
Personal attention, guidance and individual handling of instruments and equipment are the Hallmarks of the Department. Since its inception in 1984, 11 students have secured positions in R. T. M. Nagpur University Merit List. An average pass percentage of students in last 10 Years is above 75%. Unique features of the department are
Placements of students –
Some of the Alumni of the Department:
Many students have done higher studied in various reputed institutions in the country and some are pursuing their higher studies. Department can boast of a number of alumni who have remarkable achievements in the subject. Some of them are actively engaged in research and teaching in the subject. Few of them are also aiding the growth of the department by contributing towards Journals, Books, Instruments, and other educational material, etc. Department wishes to thank them for their generous gesture. Following are the students who made their mark in the growth of the department.
Pursuing Higher Studies / Working in India & Abroad
|Ms. Pratima Patil||Ms. Anupam Kumar|
|Ms. Simki Dey||Mr. B. Parthasarthy|
|Mrs. Cynthia Gregory||Mr. Biswaroop Sen|
|Ms. Janhavi Deshpande||Ms. Chaity Chaudhury|
|Ms. Sukhpreet Mangat||Ms. Suchitra Basu|
|Ms. Kaushiki Mukherjee|
|Mr. George Maiti||Ms. Amruta Bapat|
|Ms. Madhulika Bhagat||Mr. B. Parthasarthy|
|Mr. Biswaroop Sen||Mr. Gino Kurian|
|Ms. Chaity Chaudhury||Ms. Pallavi Wadhone|
|Mr. Shahzad Nawaz||Ms. Kalyanee Mohapatra|
|Mr. A. Shrikant||Dr.Amitava Das|
Pursuing Higher Studies (Research / Job) abroad
Pursuing Higher studies /Job in India
1. Mr. George Maiti – Joined for Ph. D. at Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata.
2. Ms. Madhulika Bhagat – Working as assistant professor in Indian Institute of Intergated Medicine and Pursuing Ph. D.
3. Ms. Pratima Patil – Associate Research Scientist in Advinus Therapeutics Pvt.Ltd, a Drug Discovery R&D based company in Pune.
4. Dr. Biswarup Sen – Teaching and research in Department of Biotechnology, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore as Mr. Gino Kurian – Assistant Professor Biochemistry in Sashtra University, Tanjavur, Tamilnadua Senior Lecturer and Indo-French CEFIPRA Project leader Cleared GRE, TOEFL and GATE
5. Ms. SuptiDatta – Working in GE Healthcare as Senior Design Engineer for Image quality and Applications on Medical Ultrasound scanners.
6. Ms. Poonam Deshpande – Research associate at CIIMS. Nagpur
7. Mr. Satyajeet Deshpande – With HSBC (Hongkong Shangai banking corporation) Bank as Premier Relationship Manager
8. Mr. Gino Kurian – Assistant Professor Biochemistry in Sashtra University, Tanjavur, Tamilnadu
9. Ms. K Lakshmi Rao – Scientist IV(3) at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CSIR) Laboratory, Hyderabad.
10. Mr. Binu Antony – Employed at Borosil as Sr. Sales Executive
11. Mr. Prabhas Goswami – Product Manager at Synthes INC., based at corporate head office(India), Gurgaon (M.B.A Biotechnology in 2008, PG Diploma in clinical data management in 2007)
12. Mr. Ashish Yatta – Working as QA at Innodata Isogen India Pvt Ltd, Noida Field – Patent analysis (Pharma)
13. Ms. Manali Bannerjee – Doing MBA at Indore, Cleared MAT exam.
14.Mr. ABHIJEETH NAIR – ADMINISTRATION OFFICER, at NUVA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, NAGPUR, INDIA
15. Mr. A.Srikant – Senior Research Fellow at ACTREC, Tata Memorial Centre
16. Mr. Sandeep Gumble – Director, Fort Infotech, an IT company.
17. Ms. Anuadha Venugopal – Processing Executive (Customer Service) at HSBC Electronic Data Processing ( Investment Department Hyderabad)
18. Dr. Rizwana Quraishi – Biochemist (Scientist B) at NDDTC, All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
19. Ms. Dipanwita Bhattacharjee – Research Assistant in Biotechnology & Molecular Biology division at East India Pharmaceutical Works Limited
20. Mr. SohailUz-zama Khan – working as Senior Executive (Ad Sales) in DNA (Daily News & Analysis), Second Largest English daily from Mumbai joint venture by Zee TV & Dainik Bhaskar. PG diploma in Adverising& Public Relations
21. Mr. Sanjay Pandey – Business Manager, Birla Tyres, Raipur
22. Ms. Anita Nair – Working as SQL DBA in TATA ELXSI, Bangalore
23. Mr. Anand Badarkhe – Full time Temporary lecturer in S.F.S College, Seminary Hills Nagpur.
24. Ms. Saba Sultana – Full time Temporary lecturer in S.F.S College, Seminary Hills Nagpur.
25. Pallavi Shivankar – Full time Temporary lecturer in S.F.S College, Seminary Hills Nagpur.
26. Jaishree Bhiogade – Working as a Project Assistant (PTC) in Vishvarekha Biotech, Talegaon dabhade, Pune.